Coordinated Questionnaire – Food Assistance Help

Food Assistance 

(Who buys and eats together) Why does this matter?

For the SNAP benefit, DHHS requires a few people to apply together no matter what. A husband and wife must apply together. A dependent ages 22 or under that lives in the household must apply with their parent or guardian. However, outside of these two circumstances, two individuals living together, have to apply together, unless they do not buy and eat their food together. If they share their food, DHHS will need full information of both individuals, including personal information, income, and assets.

ELM Logo
MiSOAP and the MiCAFE Network are projects of Elder Law of Michigan, Inc., a 501(c)(3) organization.

Contact Us

Phone: 877.664.2233
Fax: 517.827.4937
3815 W. Saint Joseph, Ste. C-200,
Lansing, MI 48917
Visit our Website

Our Network Supporters

Community Foundation of Southeast MI
MI Department of Health and Human Services
National Council on Aging
Southeast MI Senior Regional Collaborative