As we continue to work with MDHHS and learn about the exciting new changes to MI Bridges, we will keep you informed. Here are some quick updates:
- Registration for the updated MI Bridges will require new Navigation partner agreements. We anticipate these will become available in mid-November.
- If your organization does not plan to register as a Navigation partner with MDHHS, you can still participate under MiCAFE/ELM under our MDHHS.
- MiSOAP.org will evolve with the updates to MI Bridges.
- The updates to the new MI Bridges will be available in February.
- All Application Assistants are required to attend a MDHHS training. These trainings are expected to begin in late November. Trainings will be held in various locations across the state. We will provide more information on the trainings as they become available. These trainings will not replace MiCAFE Training, but supplement it. We expect our trainings to become shorter as a result.
- If you are registered and trained in the new system by February 2018, you can begin using the updated MI Bridges at that time.
- By April 2018, everyone will begin using the updated MI Bridges. If you have not attended a MDHHS training by this date, you will not have access to the system, and will not be able to assist clients in the updated MI Bridges.
The MiCAFE Network will be available every step of the way! We are excited for the updates, as we expect shorter applications, and more resources for the older adults whom we serve.